Case Administration Management System
CAMS (Case Administration Management System) is a successful case management system that was developed over the last decade and is now in Version 3.0. It is currently used by over 15 agencies throughout BC (as well as one in Alberta) that vary tremendously in terms of geography, size and complexity. For more details, visit us at camsco.ca.
CAMS is an enterprise software application designed to provide an integrated, effective and efficient system for community service agencies. It provides front-line service providers with the tools they need to plan their work with each person served and to manage their cases; to easily track their time on each case; and to create effective and timely case reports. It can capture all contact reporting requirements, program activity, and outcomes and milestones; and can produce useful case and program reports. It supports clinical supervision and management oversight. And it provides a wealth of data to support quality improvement, performance, good practice and research.
We built CAMS with the needs of front-line service providers as our foremost concern. We started out thinking that we needed an efficient electronic recording system. While we have achieved that, we have also created a system that, at its heart, is a powerful tool to assist staff to plan their work thoughtfully. Screens follow the case file lifecycle – key data is collected at each stage from referral, to intake, assessment, setting goals, reporting on progress and results and following up post-discharge - and the system accommodates the dynamic, non-linear, nature of human services. Case Notes record the work done in relation to a case, and these entries populate a variety of reports.
Safe & Secure
CAMS is an online system, or “Cloud Service.” Its internet transmissions are encrypted using third party security certificates, the same as those used in the banking industry. Data is backed up every 15 minutes in the server farm, with many levels of redundancy. Each agency has its own unique database, not shared with others, with its own logo and colours on the screens.
Other features include:
- 100% owned and located in British Columbia
- Supports compliance with CARF and COA standards
- Supports reporting to funders, stakeholders and accreditors
- Meets legal requirements to secure and protect the privacy of personal information
- Ensures secure access to information, with agency-controlled access to appropriate user levels
- Accommodates a wide range of programs and services
- Accessible from multiple worksites
- Supports a variety of users, including those with limited computer literacy
- Minimizes duplication of data entry
- A simple web browser interface makes it easy for users to find, search, browse and view the data they need
- Tracks waitlists, program participation, outcomes and milestones
- Produces a variety or reports, including annual statistics, incident summary, service summary
- Capacity to scan for completeness of files
- Training, support and help-desk services
CAMS is owned by BJP Case Administration Management System Ltd. which is a partnership of PLEA Community Services Society of BC, the John Howard Society of North Island and Brenson Pacific Technologies Ltd. Its Directors are Wendy Richardson, Tim Veresh and Andre Thompson.
CAMs was identifed as a key strengths in PLEA's 2012 CARF survey report:
“The organization has a strong commitment to developing creative technological solutions to aid the documentation of its therapeutic process through the development of its clinical software system, CAMS. CAMS has been proven to be a user-friendly clinical documentation system that allows for continuity of care and aids in the management of services for persons served. CAMS has the capacity to function as an electronic record, tracking outcomes. The system has been so successful that the system has innovatively branched out and has allowed other providers to purchase the system.”
For further information about the system, please contact Steve Quinlan on 604 897 7532 or email email@example.com.